Thursday, November 27, 2008

It's 3 am...

and I am posting.

Why? you ask.

Because I am about to begin day 4 of the WORST sore throat I've ever had in my life.
The past two or three nights it's been nearly impossible to sleep due to the excruciating pain when I swallow. And can I just say - we humans swallow all the stinkin time. I've been trying to just will myself to not.... just let the saliva build up and just drip out onto my pillow, but it's amazing how strong the don't-drool reflex is and I just end up swallowing and then wincing.

Also, as a weird side effect of this sore throat, with no other cold symptoms mind you, i have thrown up for the first time since I was 19. At 12:30 I got up and used one of those throat sprays which sort of numb your throat, and I don't know how, but that thing must have hit a nerve and I promptly puked 3 times. What is that?? And now I don't want to use that spray again, even though in the past it was one of the few things that gave me at least a little relief. But I'm done. Puking sucks.

And why is it that I have totally guilty conscience and only called out sick for a half a day and am likely going to suffer for my vacation. That sucks. I wonder what this is karma for.

Also, I drove down to Portland to see my fam for Thanksgiving... including my newborn nephew and Grandma..... both with their appropriately weak immune systems. If my grandma dies cause of me I'm gonna be pissed.

2 comments:

Preethi said...

How funny - the last week and a half, I've totally been battling an AWFUL sore throat/loss of voice/repeated coughing fits with no other cold symptoms whatsoever. No puking, however.

Timothy said...

too bad it wasn't my gramma