Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Seattle!

Well, I kept waiting to get some awesome Seattle pics to put on a post, but it just hasn't happened. So just watch an episode of Gray's Anatomy and picture me there. So... here I am, though it still doesn't feel like I really am here. I have moments of really missing Philly (mostly pizza, the diversity, walking everywhere, and just the "feel" of that fabulous city, plus the world series - go phillies!), but this new time in my life is also really exciting.

So, the stats. I live in the the northern part of Seattle and work in the southern part. My new version of Rittenhouse (my favorite park in Philly) is Green Lake - this super pretty lake about half a mile away from my house. My job is going well, it's really similar to my old job. I travel to a lot of different schools and work with the kids there. I work with a lot of teenage girls now, which can be absolutely frustrating, but it's good for me to get the experience and develop some patience.

I'm living with 5 other girls in a big pink house. They are all really cool, and my apprehensions about living with so many people have mostly been false. Though, I will admit after living by myself or with super-awesome and clean Preethi, I've become a bit of a neat freak and sometimes the mess of 6 girls drives me crazy. The good thing is that having so many roomates is making it easy for shy little me to make friends. Somehow, I dressed up for and not only survived, but actually enjoyed a giant Halloween party at my house. Go me!

3 comments:

The Eatons said...

Julie, that is the cutest costume in america. I really want to pinch your lip. That sounds weirder than it should. you know what I mean.

Unknown said...

about time you post!

you know I check this thing every few days?!

were you a bumblebee or something? I guess you'd have to bee (get it?) since I dunno what else you could bee wih that outfit

Preethi said...

It's about dang time you posted again! :) And I think I found your comment about becoming a neat freak way funnier than was necessary. And I LOVE the costume.

We miss you!