Sunday, February 22, 2009

Best Time at the Dollar Store Ever.

Yesterday I was at the dollar store with my friend Cassie, in sort of shady neighborhood. I'm looking for art supplies for the arts and crafts table for Black history night at my job next week. A mid-30s, working classish, not-creepy guy squeezes by me and apologizes about invading my bubble. I keep shopping, then the same guy comes straight up to me, holds out his hand, and says "I just wanted to tell you that I think you're beautiful and have gorgeous eyes." And so I just shook his hand, which was so rough and manly and sort of hot and went on my way. It was a pretty good moment.

In other news, Michelle and Elin were here last weekend.

I made an adult-size penguin hat and neck cozy for Mich for her birthday.

Michelle, Elin, and Nathaniel at Snoqualmie Falls in North Bend where they filmed Twin Peaks. Apparently I really need to watch that show. Maybe after I've watched all the seasons of Lost.... Don't hold your breath.

At the Public Library downtown.

Thanks to Michelle and Elin for coming. Just move here already.

2 comments:

Hoon said...

i love that hat more than anything. i miss you more than anything.

blackstarmonkey said...

well well well. it was just such a good week for you. i just don't know why you let him let go of your hand, hahahahh. think if you got married and had kids, you could tell them you guys me in the dollar store