Friday, July 6, 2007

my shoulders hurt

I've been working at the summer camp I worked at last summer because they were desperate and I had fond memories of last year. They're supposed to be hiring someone else and I have an interview with their behavioral health program. We'll see. anyway, my shoulders hurt from carrying around a bag full of inhalers and epi-pens. Kids have too many allergies. I wonder if I really would've been able to stab a needle into some kids thigh if they ate a peanut. Luckily i didn't find out today.

My birthday is tomorrow. 26. I don't want to do anything. People keep calling me, texting me, wanting to know what I want to do. There's also a ward activity. I signed up to bring drinks because it was the easiest, but I dont' want to go. They could survive without drinks. I've been in a mood lately. A grumpy mood. Or maybe just an introverted mood. I was at this bbq for the 4th and I had some major social anxiety. Well, maybe not major, but enough that I had to sneak away and hide. Then this one girl came and sat on my lap and kissed me on the cheek. I know she meant well, but I was isolating myself for a reason and then she invades my personal space. Annoying.

My defense is on Tuesday, so in all reality, I'll probably spend a chunk of my birthday working on that. I don't really care though. I don't get the point of birthdays. Man, I really am in a grumpy mood. bah humbug.

3 comments:

M. said...

Julie!!! It's Melinda! :) I just happened on your blog after seeing your comment on Sarra's. Good luck on your defense and Happy Birthday!!!! your allowed to be introverted for a bit, celebrating birthdays can be a "fluid" idea. come visit me in D.C. sometime!! :)

The Eatons said...

julie i need your address pleeeeease.

The Eatons said...

your introverted day reminds me of you hating the phone so much you'd do anything to avoid having to use it.
p.s. tell me you don't text.