Saturday, May 21, 2011

Sometimes it takes me a while to finish things

I know you all have been dying to know what I've been crafting lately. I kept waiting to post until I finished this dress. My first ever done almost totally with my serger. It's got darts, pleats, sleeves, and a ZIPPER. That was the big hold up. I ended up using my sister's sewing machine over Easter - and it still took like 4 attempts and 4 phone calls to my mom. I need to get a serious sewing machine now with a zipper foot and buttonhole maker.

Punch needle onesie for baby Henry.



Hat for my mom for Christmas - fancy cables and bobbles.




One sock. Turning the heel was IMPOSSIBLE and I had to wait until Christmas to see my mom to get her help. And it turns out that the pattern had a mistake in it. Though I did need my mom's help to figure out that the pattern had a mistake. We'll see if I ever knit the other sock.


So there you go. I need new projects now. I've recently found some great vintage ribbons and I've got big plans for them. We'll see.

4 comments:

Preethi said...

So cute - all of them! I seriously want your talent. Too bad my baby is destined to not ever have mommy-made things because she's not nearly crafty enough.

BirdieMann said...

Great stuff, as always! Did you get my email with the photo of Juniper wearing her booties? We still love them.

The Eatons said...

I worship your craftiness. Coolest tube scarf EVER. Knitting, quilting, thrifting... its out of control.

blackstarmonkey said...

hey juju i miss you.