Monday, April 6, 2009

I heart philly

Honestly, the best trip ever. It was like getting back together with an ex and the best make-up sex ever. I just love this city.



I love timing. Jen, my roommate, was coming back from the Dominican Republic and had a long layover in Philly. We went to Museum of Art, ran up the steps like Rocky, and got to see a fab Cezanne exhibit, who's one of my favorites, plus my other favorite pieces in the musuem. Rothko, I've missed you.
I love pretzels.
I love this kid.
And this one.
And this one.
I love tender mercies. There were so many on this trip.
1. Rita's Water Ice opened a few weeks before I got there
2. The Philly Film Festival was going on when I was there
3. Cezanne Exhibit
4. Jen's layover
5. In one day I was able to successfully eat part of a pretzel, part of a cheesesteak, burger and fries at 5 Guys, and Rita's.
6. And the ultimate highlight and absolute MIRACLE - at the museum of art I ran into my absolute favorite client. He lives no where near there, but was spending the weekend at his aunt's and she took him there to run off some energy on the steps. Hearing a voice call "Miss Julie" and turning around and seeing his face was one of the best moments of my life. I love that kid.

4 comments:

nathaniel said...

i sort of want to punch philly in the face.

Preethi said...

Best make-up sex ever, huh? Since clearly you know. :)

So great to see you!

blackstarmonkey said...

i hear make-up sex is good. do you even know those kids? i always imagine if i were to go to philly i would dress up like benjamin franklin. i hear he liked philly AND make-up sex. you should be friends with him.

Jnuck said...

I was just going to write, "I feel so privileged to be mentioned in the same blog post as sex." But then I saw that almost everyone else had written about line too, so let me say instead THANK YOU for letting me into your special Philly weekend. I also feeler closer to people after experiencing art with them. The way it all worked out was indeed a tender mercy!